Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Power of Example

I have been inspired....One of Chris' aunts and uncles have been sending us news letters every Sunday to give us an update on how his family is doing. They attatch any photos they've taken that week so we can see their kids. Chris' family is so big and so spread out we don't get to see everyone as often as we'd like. Well a couple months ago he talked about how they are teaching their son the Articles of Faith. I honestly never even thought about teaching them to the girls this young. Since then, Riley and I have been practicing them one by one. We are on the fourth article right now and will be moving on to the fifth any day. Initially, I didn't see the consequences this would have. We are now very diligent on reading our scriptures every day and saying our prayers. As we learn each article I simply explain what each one means and hopefully one day she will fully understand. My own testimony has grown through this simple little experience. I love the satisfaction she gets when she's learned a new one. She has such a sweet spirit and I'm so lucky to have her. I just want to let Chris' family know how much we love them. What a wonderful family to have. It's easy to see how much everyone loves each other. They are the perfect example of the pure love of Christ. I challenge those of you who have young children to teach them the simple things we often forget. You will be pleased with the outcome and you will come closer to our father in heaven.

3 comments:

Crowther family said...

THis is such a great idea! I love it. Great job... Now don't forget you have a blog... You have to update it...

Amberly said...

You are such a great mom. I started teaching Cayden a couple of weeks age when you told me you were teaching Riley and I am so happy with how well he is doing. So you have been a great example to me. By the way, your bedroom looks great.

Bryan said...

When are you going to post on your blog again? I check it all the time and it's stuff I've already read. Update us on your lives, please! :^))